Monday, February 23, 2009

Blood! It does a body good

Today was the big blood transfusion. It went relatively well. It was amazing to see the color reappear in my little boogs face.

Please everyone, if I inspire you to do nothing else...GO GIVE BLOOD! It really does save lives, and the people that get it are sooo thankful. Im not sure we could ever explain!

While we were there I had some time to kill...the transfusion took 3 hours.

So I did what any other mommarazzi would do...and I broke out the camera!

Hospital lighting is hard, this is what I got!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We are now home and resting. We are also in the process of preparing for our colonoscopy and endoscopy tomorrow....I have never felt such torture as having to try to get a breastfed baby to take 4 oz of water mixed with laxative.

It took me 30 minutes, with a syringe...and he spit lots of it out, and then threw up....

We get to do it again in a couple of hours.

Its going to be a long night

2 comments:

  1. Poor little guy! I sure wish that I could go give blood. Rich does though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pictures, they are so clear. And, I am so glad you started blogging!!! I am new to it but I am already addicted, lol.

    Also, thank you for this post. It has inspired me to donate blood more.

    ReplyDelete

Followers